This post is sponsored by Foodie.com. Thanks for supporting Brooklyn Supper’s sponsors!
It’s official: summer. To prove it, I went to the farmer’s market this morning and purchased pounds of local berries. Pretty sure they’re destined for jam, but also maybe blueberry pie? These are the kinds of decisions I relish.
Besides being the right time for berry hoarding, late June is a very good time to eat some salad. If you like salads, or at least feel obligated to eat them, it’s worth noting that here in the East, lettuce is at its peak. Later in the summer, the more delicate plants will bolt, while dark, leafy greens will toughen up or just disappear for a few months depending on the heat. To make the most of all things salad, I recently put together a collection of my favorite salad recipes for the Foodie app. The app features all kinds of gorgeous images from some of my favorite bloggers, curated recipe editions, and lots of excellent recipes. You can download the app for free here and then check out our Summer Salads edition!
Finally, for your weekend reading pleasure, here a few links that caught my eye this week, plus some of our recent work from around the web.
And from us recently:
1. Tart cherry cosmopolitan cocktails
2. 8 beautiful pavlova recipes for summer
3. Fingerling potato salad with green onions and chèvre
4. These blueberry ginger ice cream floats are so, so tasty
5. Smoked salmon spinach salad
6. 10 ways to make French macarons
7. Mini cakes!
8. Easier, better salads for all
9. Toasted coconut strawberry smoothies
10. Clearly, wine cocktails and summer were meant to be together.