Lately, my go-to breakfast has been a big bowl of Greek yogurt with sliced fruit. After a few weeks of this, I started to crave a little crunch too. Enter toasted oats (I made mine with coconut, cinnamon, and a touch of honey). Similar to granola, these take just about 10 minutes to make. I like just a few tablespoons on my yogurt, but my daughters have been eating them by the spoonful. Get our recipe for toasted oats over on Babble Food.
I’ve been busy in the kitchen this week and posted lots of recipes on Babble. There are also a few delicious contributions for Cosmopolitan.com –– head below for our weekend links as well as all the latest from Brooklyn Supper around the web.
1. This salad really makes me wish I wasn’t allergic to chickpeas
2. Ever thought of ditching your toothbrush?
3. Ancient hunter gatherers totally had tooth decay (culprit: acorns)
4. Capitalism vs Democracy and the widening income gap
5. State of the blog 2014 from the brilliant Grace Bonney of Design Sponge
6. Feminism and Twitter wars
7. The effects of Food Stamp cuts in the 2014 Farm Bill
And from us: